Monday, November 9, 2009

You know you want some Mac n Cheese Now


Today I woke up pretty darn unmotivated. After rockin my to do list yesterday which included steam cleaning the carpets, grocery store, prepare for mac n cheese cook-off, run the dogs, clean my room, do 2 loads of laundry, pick up my mom from the airport and then the iron chef games began at 5pm....I couldn't get it together this morning. Finally, I made it to Kinko's to print off all my new garments to sketch this week...because ugh i lost a cable to my printer and i have to keep going to Kinko's which is a huge pain in my ass. So...I ended up accomplishing a lot. But, I tell you what...Monday's are the absolute worst days for me to workout. I dread it and dread it, all day long. I am meeting Mom at spin at 4:15, so i had to think about the dreadful task all day.

I won 2nd place last night in our homemade mac n cheese contest. Nick and I cooked at Nissa's and Courtney and BV cooked
at Brian's. John put an entire spreadsheet together after the votes were in. I was so sick of looking and smelling cheese for the last 2 hours, I barely tasted any. Pretty sure mine was the best though. It was made w Gouda cheese, carmelized onions, and apple honey bacon. YumO. Lindsay Harrison gave me a precious Anthropologie apron for my bday, so I was stoked to get to utilize it. Nick is like #1 cook so he was all tooting his own horn, confident he would win and so we all found it quite humorous he got 4th place. He made it with lobster and crab which was delicious but it was sort of more of a pasta dish than actual mac n cheese. Lovely end to the weekend in which contributed to the 5 lbs I have to loose before 2 weeks. Eeeek.

No comments:

Post a Comment