Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Run Forest


I came up with some stellar motivation today to run. Everytime I have a conversation w someone about my goal, it holds me more accountable. My friend Jen is on me to sign up for this half and I think the reason why I haven't done is bc I am scaaaaaaared...and I guess just lazy and haven't gotten around to it. But I am committing myself to doing it asap.
So today, I ran 5.5 miles. Well 5.58 to be precise. My watch told me. And I tell you what, it felt real good. I wasn't even struggling the entire time, and I kind of almost enjoyed it. I mean this isn't the hardest terrain. I hit 4 miles and had a grand idea...I would just stop by my friend Taryn's at the beach on 41st and have her take me home. Because my goal was 4 miles today. Once I hit 4 and I wasn't dying, I talked myself into pushing through and just running the rest of the way home. Now, we won't get into how much actual time it took me. EEEeeeek....I have to improve my pace.
So today was an accomplishment. I am going to give myself a big pat on the back and then go chow chipotle. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment